I think I’m becoming sort of a Gunnar Optiks collector — I currently own 4 different frame styles and must say these look mighty sporty. I wouldn’t be surprised if they find their way into my mitts. Full details and photos, as well as the Press Release can be found below:
STEELSERIES AND GUNNAR OPTIKS INTRODUCE A NEW STYLE OF PERFORMANCE EYEWEAR – THE STEELSERIES DESMO
Available in Two Color Options Desmo Onyx and Desmo Snow (Limited Edition) featuring Semi-Rimless Design
CHICAGO and SAN DIEGO – Oct. 13, 2010 – Today, SteelSeries and GUNNAR Optiks introduced a new style of eyewear designed for competitive gamers, the SteelSeries Desmo. Featuring GUNNAR’s i-AMP® lens technology, the new co-branded eyewear improves visual efficiency, endurance, and recovery during gaming sessions. To minimize peripheral distractions, the unique design is semi-rimless and provides an exceedingly broad visual field that allows the user to completely focus on the screen. The sleek frame features flexible twin-rail temples combined with adjustable nose pads to provide a lightweight, stable fit. As an added benefit for gamers, the ultra-slim temples rest comfortably beneath a gaming headset. The new style will be available in two color options – the Desmo Onyx and Desmo Snow (limited edition).
“We’ve been collaborating with the GUNNAR Optiks team in marketing and events for more than two years now, including the launch of our first co-branded eyewear model, the SteelSeries Scope,” said Bruce Hawver, SteelSeries CEO. “When we started on this new design, it was important that it was more than just lightweight and comfortable, but that the lens shape, frame style and temples were chosen and perfected in order to impact and improve the way players saw their game. We believe we’ve achieved that goal with the Desmo and are excited for players to try it out.”
“SteelSeries is a fantastic partner,” said Rob Aarnes, president of GUNNAR. “They’ve pushed us to the next level in our joint design of the SteelSeries Desmo and we are proud to put the eyewear into our Advanced Gaming Eyewear Collection. We expect it to be an immediate success as we roll it out to the market.”
Together with the lightweight, durable design of the frames and comfort of the temples, the SteelSeries Desmo lenses are optimized to enhance a user’s visual performance.GUNNAR eyewear enhances optical performance to give users an immediate, noticeable visual advantage using i-AMP® lens technology. This optical lens innovation includes the following components:
- Tint: Specially formulated tint conditions and shifts the color spectrum to provide superior contrast, detail and resolution.
- Wrap/Shape: Features a highly wrapped, curved lens shape limiting air flow and maintaining moisture near the eyes, while providing a slight focusing power to help ease eye fatigue and enhancing detail for sharper, clearer vision.
- Material: A proprietary lens material that is optically pure, insuring the clearest image by eliminating distortion, impurities and haze.
- Coatings: An anti-reflective coating that reduces glare and other distractions caused by reflective light.
- 20/20 or Rx: Out of the box ready for 20/20 vision or used with corrective contact lenses, and also prescription compatible in partnership with Carl Zeiss Vision with optional coverage by VSP Insurance. Visit www.gunnars.com/rx/ for more information.
Whether you’re touring the competitive gaming circuit, playing MMO’s for hours or switching between work and play on your PC or MAC, the SteelSeries Desmo provides a premium visual experience while delivering both style and comfort. The SteelSeries Desmo Onyx is $99.99/ €99.99 MSRP and will be available online at both the SteelSeries andGUNNAR Web Shops. The Desmo Snow (limited edition) is also $99.99/ €99.99 MSRP, but will be exclusively sold at SteelSeries.com.
BlizzCon attendees will get an exclusive first look to try out the style and experience the product on October 21st and 22nd in Anaheim, CA. Fans at home can check out pictures of the event and of the glasses in action at the SteelSeries booth at both SteelSeries’ and GUNNAR’s Facebook pages - www.facebook.com/SteelSeries andwww.facebook.com/GUNNAROptiks.
About GUNNAR Optiks
Founded in 2005, GUNNAR Optiks, LLC designs and engineers Advanced Computer Eyewear and Advanced Gaming Eyewear to protect and enhance vision using revolutionary technology solutions. GUNNAR introduced the Technology Eyewear category in 2008 and pioneered eyewear to combat eye strain associated with long-term viewing of digital screens. At CES 2010, GUNNAR unveiled the first professional-grade, optically correct 3D glasses on the market, utilizing the latest in lens technology. GUNNAR is a privately held company headquartered in Carlsbad, California. For more information, visit www.gunnars.com.
GUNNAR, the GUNNAR logo, and i-AMP are registered trademarks of GUNNAR Optiks, LLC. All other trademarks are the property of their respective companies. Copyright 2010. GUNNAR Optiks, LLC. All rights reserved.
SteelSeries is a leading manufacturer of gaming peripherals and accessories, including headsets, keyboards, mice, software and gaming surfaces. SteelSeries has been on the forefront of professional gaming gear since its inception in 2001, thanks to continued innovation and product development in cooperation with leading professional gamers. All SteelSeries products are developed in cooperation with professional gamers to ensure optimum performance and durability. SteelSeries supports the growth of competitive gaming and electronic sports through professional team sponsorships and community support all over the world. For more information, please visitwww.SteelSeries.com.
- 50 Cent Invests In Gunnar Optiks Eyewear Company
- Review: SteelSeries Shift Keyboard
- Question of the Week #6: Rage Quit?
- Vote On AmazYn Introduction Video
- The Most Overlooked Game of the Year – CryEngine 3 Shooter “Nexuiz”
- Gaming and Life with My Brother
- Making a Living Gaming: An All Too Frequent Question Answered
- Wraith zYn Showcases Transformers: War for Cybertron Demo
- Nintendo 3DS
- E3 Live on G4