If you have not watched our Gears of War Lessons series, please take the time to watch the latest Episode. Skyllus’ Metagame and Adjustments focuses on rapid, on-the-fly changes that can be made during and in between Execution rounds on Gears of War 2. One of the biggest factors in the development of our strategies was knowing what and how our opponents were going to react to each strategy we ran. In this instance, we dictated Vision’s reactions because we masked what strategy we were truly running each round. We executed this by beginning each round with the same setup and making small role changes, largely based on my own actions.
As always, please help us improve by leaving feedback for improvements you would like to see in the series. This is all in preparation of the Gears of War 3 beta where we plan to truly show you how games can be much more than point and shoot.
Gears of War Lessons:
- The Most Important Statistic in Gears of War
- GoW3 Tips and Tactics: Right Hand Advantage (Episode #3)
- Epic Games, Gears of War 3, And Major League Gaming
- Gears of War Lessons Episode #9: How To Wallbounce
- Gears of War 3 Beta: Known Glitches and Balance Issues
- GoW3 Beta Commentary: Will Gears of War 3 Be on the MLG Pro Circuit? [Part 2]
- Gears of War 3 Lessons Episode #12: Positioning
- Gears of War Lessons Episode #5: Dealing with Host
- Gears of War 3: Fenix Rising Video Map Walkthroughs & Information
- IGN: Gears of War 3 Gameplay Footage