As previously stated, I feel as if Gears of War 2 was a major letdown for the competitive community that transferred from the original Gears of War. There was much to be desired with the multiplayer experience and the numerous title updates (6 within a year) left the competitive community at odds with how to approach the game.
Based on the information provided to the Gears of War Pro Players last season, there was also very little communication between the Epic Games and Major League Gaming. I believe the relationship would have been considered “rocky” at best. Recently (as in the last two weeks) however, Epic — well Cliffy B., seems to have taken a vested interest in reaching out to the MLG community and Sundance.
Sundance wants to see Gears of War 3 on the Pro Circuit and I am sure many of the people that follow our team share his sentiments. The game is one of the main reasons this website is in existence and has been the driving force behind our team for several years. This new glimmer of hope could prove fortunate should more of the competitive community speak up.
BaLLiNx has been dedicated to making Epic open its door to the prospect of catering more towards the competitive community. His recent thread titled, “The Competitive Gamer’s Wishlist” outlines many of the options we would like to have in the upcoming title. I encourage everyone that is interested in seeing Gears of War 3 on the Pro Circuit to show some support and post in that thread.
- Sundance on LosersBracket Show | My Thoughts on Gears Portion
- The Most Important Statistic in Gears of War
- Strategy Development "Pilot" Video: Gears of War 2
- Gears of War MLG Community on Twitter: Follow and Play With Us on the GoW3 Beta
- Cliff Bleszinski Interviewed by Major League Gaming
- GoW3 Beta Commentary: Will Gears of War 3 Be on the MLG Pro Circuit? [Part 2]
- Gears of War Lessons Episode #8: MLG River and Resource Management
- Will Gears of War 3's "Man Up" Stalemate Rule Kill Execution and Warzone?
- Which Role Do You Take on the Gears of War Battlefield?
- The Halo Reach Experience — Week 1