Hey, it’s the Unreal Engine! Expect lots of glitches and if there is multiplayer, plenty of lag. I am only sort of joking, but Epic Games will be bringing Project Sword, a competitive sword-based multiplayer game to the iPhone later this year.
Mike Capps and Donald Mustard showed off the first- and third-person hack-n-slash at Apple’s event early this morning. Players meet via Apple’s “Game Center” matchmaking system. Game Center is comparable to Microsoft’s Xbox Live multiplayer system. Like Xbox Live, we can expect an achievement system built into Game Center.
I hope to update with gameplay video and demonstrations of how it all works very soon. Mustard and Capp showed off a bit of gameplay, involving swiping their fingers across the screen to slash one another.
Expect to see Project Sword release sometime during the holiday season.
- iPod Nano Watch Band
- iPhone 4 Coming to Verizon
- iPad Now Used in Japanese Magic Tricks
- alkr iPad Sleeves
- New iPod Touch with Dual Cameras and Retina Screen
- How-To Check Your iPhone 4 Upgrade Eligibility
- @Rest iPad Stand
- PosiMotion Helix iPhone / iPod Gaming Grip
- Video Blog 5: iPad Giveaway, Project Natal, and More!