Now here we see a nice-looking headset from Nox Audio. This is my first time ever seeing this headset, but they look like they have a pretty nice design. Currently, there are two different models that will be released, the Scout and the Specialist. The Specialist’s design reminds me of a mix between the Astro A30 and the Tritton AX180 both of which I have used for extensive gaming.
The Specialist (pictured above) works with your Xbox 360, PS3, PC or smaller handheld devices (cellphone, iPod, MP3). They have an over-ear design using memory foam for each ear cup. There are also four dual drivers, two in each ear, with passive noise reduction to create a distinct sound experience. The Specialist will also feature a retractable microphone, collapsible frame, and detachable USB for portability. There are currently four color models of the Specialist and it looks to be reasonably priced at $90. There is an additional universal gaming adapter piece dubbed “The Negotiator” that can be bundled with the headset for $100. The piece by itself retails for $60 – crazy right?
Check the Specs:
- Drivers: Dual 26mm Mylars
- Passive Noise Reduction: 50% 1 kHz
- Sensitivity: 104 dBSPL @ 1kHz
- input impedance: 32-ohms
- Weight: .30 lbs
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Optimal Audio Isolation: 51 dB @ 1 kHz
- THD: <0.5% @ 1 kHz; <2% from 40 Hz to 20 kHz
Check out more information at the Nox Audio website.
- Astro Gaming Red A40 BXR Headset Unboxing
- Astro Gaming x Konami Reveal A30 Peace Walker Headset
- Astro Gaming's A30 Cross Gaming Headset Unboxing and Initial Feedback
- Turtle Beach Showing New Earforce PX5 Headset at CES
- Razer Orca Headphones
- Diddybeats Headphones Now Available
- Review: Astro Gaming A40 Audio System BXR SE Edition
- Review: eDimensional Audio FX Pro 5+1
- Steelseries 7XB Wireless Headset Coming Soon
- Astro Gaming's New Wireless Mixamp 5.8 Mixamp and A* In-Ear Headset Announced