You can leave your questions down below or tweet them to me @arCtyC. The full Press Release can be found after the break.
MLG and Epic Games are incredibly excited to announce that we will be streaming a Gears of War 3 Exhibition match live from the venue at MLG Raleigh. Gears of War 1 and 2 both had highly successful runs on the Pro Circuit, and we can’t wait to see how the third installment plays out. The match, which will use multiplayer maps that have received significant updates and changes since the beta, will be an exclusive, in-depth look at competitive GoW 3. We’re pulling out all the stops; we’ll be featuring the best team ever to play GoW on the Pro Circuit, and we’ll have the best commentators on hand to call the action.
The match will be aired live on the Halo: Reach stream at 8:15pm ET on Friday, August 26.
- The Teams:
- Th3 Nsan3z, 2008 GoW 1 Pro Circuit National Champions and 2009 GoW 2 Pro Circuit National Champions (Predator, Killa, Nickmercs, Zkiller)
- Team Epic (Donald White, Alex Connor, Richard Wilt, Jonathan Taylor)
- The Maps: Thrashball, Trenches
- The Format: Three full games will be played on LAN
- The Commentators:
- MLG’s very own Chris Puckett will host the event and give running commentary
- Arctyc, Epic Games consultant and Captain of GoW team Amayzn, will be our color commentary specialist
- Quinn DelHoyo will join us from Epic Games to provide expert background on GoW 3’s Game Types, weapons, and maps
The game releases worldwide on Sept. 20, 2011, but you don’t have to wait until then to see it in action. In addition to the match, we’ll be streaming trailers, exclusive gameplay footage, and more.Come to Raleigh or tune in to the broadcast and you will be among the very first to find out exactly what Gears 3 has in store for the world of competitive gaming!
- Question of the Week #13: Buying Brink
- Subscriber Sunday: Viewers Choose
- From The Vault Episode 1: arCtiC and Skyllus Dual Commentary (GoW3 Beta)
- Frag Logic: Virgin Gaming, Elitism in Gaming, and World of Tanks (Episode #2)
- Razer Academy: General Guidelines to Creating a Team (Week 1)
- Razer Academy: Marketability as a Gamer
- Developing Hardcore Games for 'Casual Players'
- CES 2011: Live Coverage
- Subscriber Sunday #4: Gotham City Impostors VoD