Admist the frenzy of news about Gears of War 3 at MLG Raleigh, I publicly tweeted my previously undisclosed, self-imposed, mission earlier today.
Don’t get me wrong here, I love my Call of Duty brethren, but I want to challenge the Gears community to step up their video production capabilities. I’m tired of the thousands of videos of some person calling in a chopper gunner, dogs, nuke or whatever and going 70-0. I’m tired of hearing the hundreds of commentaries accompanied by some young chap sending me messages asking to check out their new Call of Duty vid. I’m tired of some of the best video editors contributing their skills exclusively to Call of Duty montages. Most of all, and this one really gets to me, I’m tired of so many talented people putting forth their time and efforts into making so many CoD videos when they could easily use those talents on other games.
Gears of War is coming back in a major way! I think the game’s replay value will far exceed either of its two predecessors and let’s be honest here — dedicated servers are how every multiplayer game should be played. It’s about time for YouTube’s poster child to step aside and make way for the new kids on the block. I’m calling on each of you to post more Gears of War 3 videos than you’ve ever posted, create more compelling content than you’ve ever created. My team is wholeheartedly committed to creating Gears of War content that we think will really push the boundaries and hopefully inspire more of you out there to give it a shot. It’s time for a Gears of War 3 takeover!
P.S. — I’m totally pulling an EA.
- Gears of War MLG Community on Twitter: Follow and Play With Us on the GoW3 Beta
- Gears of War 3: Fenix Rising Video Map Walkthroughs & Information
- Which Role Do You Take on the Gears of War Battlefield?
- Strategy Development "Pilot" Video: Gears of War 2
- Will Gears of War 3's "Man Up" Stalemate Rule Kill Execution and Warzone?
- Epic Games, Gears of War 3, And Major League Gaming
- MLG Gears of War Player's Coalition
- Cliff Bleszinski Interviewed by Major League Gaming
- Gears of War Lessons Episode #8: MLG River and Resource Management
- Now A Gears of War Machinima Respawn Director!