@Skyzyn drops his latest Gears of War Lessons Episode, covering the basic strategy of MLG River and the idea of Resource Management. Resource Management is one of the more advanced tactical concepts, when directly applied to the everyday shooter. Most people, whether they realize it or not, are using the concept every time they fire their gun. Our approach and thought process was very similar to conditional programming or “If-Then” hypotheses:
“If we do X, they do Y.”
Once we realized how to manipulate the our opponents into wasting their resources, we took advantage with pushes. As Skyllus mentioned in the video, Episode #1 on Pavilion is another way to visually grasp our strategical approach.
Check the other Episodes after the jump.
- Episode #1: Fakes/Pushes/Grabs
- Episode #2: Communication
- Episode #3: Public Annex
- Episode #4: Metagame and Adjustments
- Episode #5: Dealing With Host
- Sundance on LosersBracket Show | My Thoughts on Gears Portion
- GoW3 Beta Commentary: Will Gears of War 3 Be on the MLG Pro Circuit? [Part 2]
- Which Role Do You Take on the Gears of War Battlefield?
- GoW3 Tips and Tactics: Right Hand Advantage (Episode #3)
- Latest Gears of War 3 Videos & Upload Schedule
- Epic Games, Gears of War 3, And Major League Gaming
- MLG Gears of War Player's Coalition
- Gears of War 3 Beta: Known Glitches and Balance Issues
- Will Gears of War 3's "Man Up" Stalemate Rule Kill Execution and Warzone?
- Gears of War 3 Lessons Episode #12: Positioning