Gears of War Lessons Episode #8: MLG River and Resource Management
@Skyzyn drops his latest Gears of War Lessons Episode, covering the basic strategy of MLG River and the idea of Resource Management. Resource Management is one of the more advanced tactical concepts, when directly applied to the everyday shooter. Most people, whether they realize it or not, are using the concept every time they fire their gun. Our approach and thought process was very similar to conditional programming or “If-Then” hypotheses:
“If we do X, they do Y.”
Once we realized how to manipulate the our opponents into wasting their resources, we took advantage with pushes. As Skyllus mentioned in the video, Episode #1 on Pavilion is another way to visually grasp our strategical approach.
Check the other Episodes after the jump.
- Episode #1: Fakes/Pushes/Grabs
- Episode #2: Communication
- Episode #3: Public Annex
- Episode #4: Metagame and Adjustments
- Episode #5: Dealing With Host
- Will Gears of War 3's "Man Up" Stalemate Rule Kill Execution and Warzone?
- Razer Onza Feedback: How is the Onza Treating You...Unfair Advantage?
- Operation #Gears3Takeover
- Epic Games, Gears of War 3, And Major League Gaming
- Gears of War 3: Fenix Rising Video Map Walkthroughs & Information
- Gears of War Lessons Episode #4: Metagame and Adjustments
- Message from a New Gears of War Convert
- MLG Gears of War Player's Coalition
- GoW3 Beta Commentary: Will Gears of War 3 Be on the MLG Pro Circuit? [Part 2]
- Cliff Bleszinski Interviewed by Major League Gaming