@Skyzyn drops his latest Gears of War Lessons Episode, covering the basic strategy of MLG River and the idea of Resource Management. Resource Management is one of the more advanced tactical concepts, when directly applied to the everyday shooter. Most people, whether they realize it or not, are using the concept every time they fire their gun. Our approach and thought process was very similar to conditional programming or “If-Then” hypotheses:
“If we do X, they do Y.”
Once we realized how to manipulate the our opponents into wasting their resources, we took advantage with pushes. As Skyllus mentioned in the video, Episode #1 on Pavilion is another way to visually grasp our strategical approach.
Check the other Episodes after the jump.
- Episode #1: Fakes/Pushes/Grabs
- Episode #2: Communication
- Episode #3: Public Annex
- Episode #4: Metagame and Adjustments
- Episode #5: Dealing With Host
- Sundance on LosersBracket Show | My Thoughts on Gears Portion
- The Most Important Statistic in Gears of War
- GoW3 Tips and Tactics: Right Hand Advantage (Episode #3)
- Will Gears of War 3's "Man Up" Stalemate Rule Kill Execution and Warzone?
- Gears of War 3 Beta: Known Glitches and Balance Issues
- Razer Onza Feedback: How is the Onza Treating You...Unfair Advantage?
- GoW3 Beta Commentary: Will Gears of War 3 Be on the MLG Pro Circuit? [Part 2]
- Gears of War MLG Community on Twitter: Follow and Play With Us on the GoW3 Beta
- Gears of War 3: Fenix Rising Video Map Walkthroughs & Information
- Gears of War 3 Season Pass and Weapon Skins Discussion (Video)