@Skyzyn drops his latest Gears of War Lessons Episode, covering the basic strategy of MLG River and the idea of Resource Management. Resource Management is one of the more advanced tactical concepts, when directly applied to the everyday shooter. Most people, whether they realize it or not, are using the concept every time they fire their gun. Our approach and thought process was very similar to conditional programming or “If-Then” hypotheses:
“If we do X, they do Y.”
Once we realized how to manipulate the our opponents into wasting their resources, we took advantage with pushes. As Skyllus mentioned in the video, Episode #1 on Pavilion is another way to visually grasp our strategical approach.
Check the other Episodes after the jump.
- Episode #1: Fakes/Pushes/Grabs
- Episode #2: Communication
- Episode #3: Public Annex
- Episode #4: Metagame and Adjustments
- Episode #5: Dealing With Host
- Gears of War MLG Community on Twitter: Follow and Play With Us on the GoW3 Beta
- MLG Gears of War Player's Coalition
- Strategy Development "Pilot" Video: Gears of War 2
- Epic Games, Gears of War 3, And Major League Gaming
- Razer Onza Feedback: How is the Onza Treating You...Unfair Advantage?
- Gears of War 3 Season Pass and Weapon Skins Discussion (Video)
- Gears of War 3 Beta: Known Glitches and Balance Issues
- IGN: Gears of War 3 Gameplay Footage
- Gears of War 3 Lessons Episode #12: Positioning
- Gears of War 3: Fenix Rising Video Map Walkthroughs & Information