@Skyzyn drops his latest Gears of War Lessons Episode, covering the basic strategy of MLG River and the idea of Resource Management. Resource Management is one of the more advanced tactical concepts, when directly applied to the everyday shooter. Most people, whether they realize it or not, are using the concept every time they fire their gun. Our approach and thought process was very similar to conditional programming or “If-Then” hypotheses:
“If we do X, they do Y.”
Once we realized how to manipulate the our opponents into wasting their resources, we took advantage with pushes. As Skyllus mentioned in the video, Episode #1 on Pavilion is another way to visually grasp our strategical approach.
Check the other Episodes after the jump.
- Episode #1: Fakes/Pushes/Grabs
- Episode #2: Communication
- Episode #3: Public Annex
- Episode #4: Metagame and Adjustments
- Episode #5: Dealing With Host
- GoW3 Tips and Tactics: Right Hand Advantage (Episode #3)
- Sundance on LosersBracket Show | My Thoughts on Gears Portion
- Razer Onza Feedback: How is the Onza Treating You...Unfair Advantage?
- Strategy Development "Pilot" Video: Gears of War 2
- Gears of War Lessons Episode #4: Metagame and Adjustments
- Which Role Do You Take on the Gears of War Battlefield?
- Cliff Bleszinski Interviewed by Major League Gaming
- Epic Games, Gears of War 3, And Major League Gaming
- Latest Gears of War 3 Videos & Upload Schedule
- Gears of War 3 Season Pass and Weapon Skins Discussion (Video)