@Skyzyn drops his latest Gears of War Lessons Episode, covering the basic strategy of MLG River and the idea of Resource Management. Resource Management is one of the more advanced tactical concepts, when directly applied to the everyday shooter. Most people, whether they realize it or not, are using the concept every time they fire their gun. Our approach and thought process was very similar to conditional programming or “If-Then” hypotheses:
“If we do X, they do Y.”
Once we realized how to manipulate the our opponents into wasting their resources, we took advantage with pushes. As Skyllus mentioned in the video, Episode #1 on Pavilion is another way to visually grasp our strategical approach.
Check the other Episodes after the jump.
- Episode #1: Fakes/Pushes/Grabs
- Episode #2: Communication
- Episode #3: Public Annex
- Episode #4: Metagame and Adjustments
- Episode #5: Dealing With Host
- Latest Gears of War 3 Videos & Upload Schedule
- Cliff Bleszinski Interviewed by Major League Gaming
- Message from a New Gears of War Convert
- MLG Gears of War Player's Coalition
- Gears of War Lessons Episode #5: Dealing with Host
- Strategy Development "Pilot" Video: Gears of War 2
- Which Role Do You Take on the Gears of War Battlefield?
- Gears of War Lessons Episode #11: Weapon of Choice (Starting Rifles)
- Gears of War MLG Community on Twitter: Follow and Play With Us on the GoW3 Beta
- Gears of War 3 Season Pass and Weapon Skins Discussion (Video)